Tuesday 18 September 2012

Media Consumption

Newspapers

The daily newspapers I read is the metro; and the reasons I read the metro is for the sports section. My interest in sports and football results in me reading the Metro daily and finding out
about gossip on football and even interviews from football players and managers.

Magazines
Magazines are something that don't appeal to me; as a kid I used to read football magazines like 'Match', and I used to read this every week but as I grew up I stopped reading it, I used to buy it every week. The demand for print was dying and as I found out I could see the same thing on the internet I stopped reading magazines.
Television
On a weekly basis I watch television around 20 hours a week; and I usually start watching it after 6pm due to Eastenders being on and on a weekday football is usually on at night. The programmes I enjoy watching are sports shows,movies and eastenders. As I am the only boy in the family I usually watch football alone but I sit down with my family to watch Eastenders.

Cinema
In the last month I went to go see Ted in the cinemas. I usually watch movies through either netfilx or on Sky movies and sometimes even through anytime+ where I can download movies straight to my sky box. I usually watch the movies with my sister and we both decide on a movie to watch.

Internet
I see myself going on the internet daily, I access the internet at home and even at school during break through my phone. The main sites I use via the internet is social networking sites and bbc to check the news.

Radio
I hardly saw myself listening to the radio; when I am in the car and the footballs on I used to listen to it through bbc five live but as the application for Sky Go came out, I realised that I could watch the football through my phone and other website showed the football so the demand for Radio dyed out for me.

3 comments:

  1. WWW: A good account of your media consumption. I'm happy to see that you watch TV, read the news and use the internet so extensively.

    EBI: It is a shame that you do not read any magazines, especially since part of your coursework will involve creating a magazine or newspaper article.

    LR: Please read a Film Magazine (we have plenty in the department) and list the conventions of film magazine articles. Then, compare this with the online versions and identify the similarities and differences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWW: Good information
    EBI: Added more detail and if you was more specific

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magazine I read was 'Empire' and the things I found good about it was that it showed up to date movie posters; it gave a lot of movie posters which had different genres in it. It also gave detailed interviews of film actors.The other good thing about it was that it gave up to date analysis of film movies and good reviews. When I saw it online the difference was that it didn't show as many posters as I saw in the actual magazine.

    ReplyDelete